Fire at fuel and gas depot causes panic

2022-01-11 15:11:24

December 29, 2021/ Khmer Times

A fire broke out at a fuel and gas depot early in the morning causing panic among the residents of the area.

The fire broke out at around 8 a.m. on December 29. The depot was located at Prey Pouch Village, Chrey Bak District, Kampong Chhnang.

The Kampong Chhnang Provincial Deputy Police Commissioner in charge of Fire Prevention and Rescue Police, Brig. Gen. Luy Dina, said that the owner of the depot has been in business for many years already. The depot sells both petrol and gas.

The fire reportedly started at the half of the depot where gas tanks were stored. According to authorities the cause of the fire was a short circuiting of the electrical pump.

The fire destroyed two warehouses, two gas pumps, two gas stations, and other equipment. Fortunately, no one was harmed in the blaze.

The authorities called for vigilance against fire hazard as the dry season starts in the country. they also informed the people to have fire hoses and fire extinguishers at their homes.

image.png