Nightclub destroyed by 2nd fire in 2 years

2021-09-27 15:23:50

Khmer Times /September 18, 2021

An reportedly unlicensed Kandal nightclub has again been hit by fire – following a blaze 2 years ago which resulted in the death of one person.

The club – previously known as D Club, but now called GD Club is situated along National Road 5 in Ampil Dam Teuk village, Vihear Luong commune, Ponhea Leu district, Kandal province.

Two years ago, the club was destroyed by fire, killing one person and injuring another.

The owner of the club then simply reopened the club under a new name.

Colonel Duong Teng, police inspector of Ponhea Leu district, said that the second fire did not cause any injury, but completely destroyed the interior of the club, and caused by a short circuit.

image.png