Fire breaks out at Olympia Mall
Fire fighters battling the flames. KT/Siv Channa
A fire broke out at the under construction Olympia Mall this morning, damaging some materials.
Major General, Neth Vantha, director of the Fire Department said that the fire broke out at about 8:30am from the second level of the basement. The fire was reportedly caused by sparks from workers doing welding and fabrication.
“All the building materials in that floor completely was damaged,” Gen. Vantha told Khmer Times.
Maj Gen. Vantha said the building is in construction stage and when the fire broke out the workers try to put it out but failed.
He said the fire was extinguished about two later and there were no reported injuries.