RECOGNITION OF NATIONAL FIRE HAZARD INVESTIGATION AND DATA MANAGEMENT CENTRE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER, MINISTER OF INTERIOR No: 7939/PK
RECOGNITION OF NATIONAL FIRE HAZARD INVESTIGATION AND DATA MANAGEMENT CENTRE
DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER, MINISTER OF INTERIOR
- Having seen the Constitution of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- Having seen Royal Decree No. NS/RKT/0818/862 dated 17 August 2018, on the Appointment of the Royal Government of the Kingdom of Cambodia;
- Having seen Royal Kram No. NR/RKM/0618/012 dated 28 June 2018, promulgating the Law on Organization and Functioning of the Council Ministers;
- Having seen Royal Kram No. NR/RKM/0196/08 dated 24 January 1996, promulgating the Law on Establishment of Ministry of Interior;
- Having seen Royal Kram No. NS/RKM/0613/007 dated 03 June 2013 promulgating the Law on Fire Prevention and Firefighting;
- Having Sub-Decree No. 109 ANK.BK dated 19 August 2015 promulgating the Law on Organization and Functioning of the Ministry of Interior;
Having seen Sub-Decree No. 131 ANK.BK dated 18 August 2017, regarding the Requirements and Measures on Fire Prevention and Firefighting;
Having seen Sub-Decree No. 87 ANK.BK dated 25 June 2018, regarding Classification of Constructions and Targets Requiring Fire Prevention and Firefighting System;
- Based on necessity;
Recognition shall be granted to National Fire Hazard Investigation And Data Management Centre, abbreviated as “N.F.I.D.”, which is located on Street 106, Sangkat Wat Phnom, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.
N.F.I.D. is under the management of the General Commissariat of National Police, with Cambodian Fairwind Enterprises Company Limited as the operator.
N.F.I.D. shall have management structure, specialized engineers, specialized tools and equipment for operation and promote the understanding, strengthen capacity to operate [and] ensure effectiveness.
N.F.I.D. has the following duties:
- To create, investigate and manage database on fire occurrences, classify, conclude, evaluate, find out cause, [and] suggest effective measures to reduce the fire occurrence;
- In case of necessity, during the expert investigation of the debris on the scene, specialized fire unit shall cooperate with specialized engineers in order to ensure work effectiveness;
- To conduct research study on the possibility of creating compulsory fire insurance system for residences and targets;
- To provide reports to General Commissariat of National Police monthly, tri-monthly, bi-annually and annually. Where necessary, [N.F.I.D.] shall produce report promptly.
The trademark and stamp of the National Fire Hazard Investigation And Data Management Centre are attached in the annex hereto.
Secretary-General of General-Secretariat, Commissioner General of General Commissariat of National Police, General Director of General Department of Logistics and Finance, Governors of the Board of Governors of the City-Province, [and] N.F.I.D. shall implement this Prakas upon the date of signature thereafter.
Phnom Penh, 25 December 2018
Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Interior
Samdech Kralahom SAR KHENG
NATIONAL FIRE HAZARD INVESTIGATION AND DATA MANAGEMENT CENTRE