More than $30,000 worth of products, equipment destroyed in Phnom Penh fire

2022-11-01 15:50:44

October 30, 2022 / Khmer Times

A grocery owner in Phnom Penh was dealt a bad hand when their store went up in flames and destroyed more than $30,000 worth of products and equipment.

The incident happened at midnight on October 30, along National Road 4 in Srek village in Sangkat Kantouk, Khan Kamboul, Phnom Penh.

Colonel Prohm Yorn, director of the Fire Prevention and Rescue Police Office, told local news that after the authorities received news of the fire, fire trucks were immediately dispatched to the location of the inferno.

The director said that fire was caused by an electric spark, which ignited a flammable item and spread throughout the store.

Three fire trucks from the Fire Prevention and Rescue Police Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police were used to put out the fire, along with other equipment from other departments.

There were no injuries or lose of lives in the incident.