Squatter-caused fire sends residents scrambling

2022-10-03 13:09:23

September 8, 2022/ Khmer Times

A building owner was left scratching their head after a squatter managed to break in and somehow set fire to their home.

The fire happened at 1:30 a.m. today in an apartment along National Road 1, in Kdei Takuy village, Sangkat Veal Sbov, Khan Chbar Ampov, Phnom Penh.

According to local sources, the flat was left empty by its owners and was squatted by scavengers. The squatters caused a fire in the building which caused neighbours to scramble to put out the fire. The flames intensified and was reported to the authorities and trucks were dispatched to the scene.

It took about an hour for the fire brigade to extinguish the fire completely. No one was injured in the fire.

image.png