Warehouse ravaged by fire

2022-07-20 17:06:21

 June 10, 2022/ Khmer Times

Owners of a warehouse in Phnom Penh were left shocked after their warehouse went up in flames, destroying the entire interior of the warehouse and everything in it.

The fire took place at a warehouse along Street 446, Sangkat Toul Tompong I, Khan Chamkar Morn, Phnom Penh at 5 p.m. on June 9.

Eyewitnesses at the scene said that prior to the fire, there was smoke seen billowing out from the warehouse.

Workers then started running out of the warehouse and shouting for help. Authorities arrived at the scene to assist in extinguishing the fire together with the fire fighting crew of the Fire Prevention and Extinguishing Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police.

Lt. Col. Prohm Yorn, Director of the Fire Prevention Police Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police, said that during the operation the narrow roads and the collapsing building made it difficult for the firefighters to extinguish the fire. The fire did not spread to the neighbouring homes.

The cause of the fire was said to be a faulty electrical system. No one was injured in the fire.

image.png