French bar on fire following welding mishap

2022-04-04 12:46:45

February 28, 2022/ Khmer Times

A fire broke out in a French bar in Khan Daun Penh after a welding accident took place and required the use of six fire trucks to extinguish the blaze.

The fire took place at 10 a.m. on February 28 at Street 136, Group 17, Village 12, Sangkat Phsar Kandal I, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh.

Director of the Fire Prevention and Rescue Police Office, Col. Prohm Yorn told local news that the owner of the location is Sum Leap. The bar was called Amazing.

Col. Yorn stated that during the operation to extinguish the fire, professionals used six fire trucks, four from the Fire Prevention Department of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police and two OCIC fire trucks from Diamond Island.

The Colonel confirmed that no one was injured in the blaze and that the fire destroyed the upper portion of the bar but did spread to the neighbour’s home.