A house and 16 stalls destroyed in a fire at Speu market
February 4, 2022/ Khmer Times
A fire which broke out at the Speu market in Kampong Cham province on Thursday at about 9.40pm destroyed a house and 16 stalls.
Firemen took almost four hours to bring the raging flames under control. No one was injured in the incident.
The firefighting team who came in 15 trucks were led by Chamkar Leu district police chief, Colonel Teang Chamroeun. The fire was brought under control at 1.05am today.
Kampong Cham provincial authorities believe that a short circuit must have started the fire at one of the market stalls which led to another 15 stalls and the house being destroyed.
The houseowner, a 70-year woman Hy Vanny managed to escape unhurt in the incident which happened in the Speu market situated in Speu Keut village, Speu commune, Chamkar Leu district, Kampong Cham province.