Fatal house fire in Sen Sok district

2022-01-11 15:15:15

December 4, 2021/ Khmer Times

A man died in a fire that destroyed his house last night in Sen Sok district’s Kork Khleang district, a fire fighter said today.

Colonel Prohm Yorn, director of the Fire Prevention and Rescue Office of the Phnom Penh Municipal Police said that the victim’s name was Hing Sam Onn, 54, owner of the house.

He said that after receiving notification of the fire from a local resident, he immediately dispatched six fire trucks to the scene. The fire fighters were able to extinguish the fire, but unfortunately arrived too late to find the homeowner, who was found dead in a bathroom of the home.

He went on to say that fire appeared to have caused by a gas tank exploding.

Col Yorn also urged people to be careful when using old gas tanks. They must be inspected regularly, as they can be dangerous, as illustrated by last night’s fatal fire.