Fire on 17th floor of Phnom Penh condo caused by cigarette butt

2021-09-06 10:54:07

Khmer Times /September 5, 2021

A dramatic fire on the 17th floor of a Phnom Penh condominium this morning was caused by a carelessly discarded cigarette butt, say fire investigators.

The fire broke out at around 4am at Ly Huot Condo at 36A, Street 242, Sangkat Boeung Prolit, Khan 7 Makara, Phnom Penh.

It is believed that the occupant of the apartment, a Chinese national named Xu Hui Fa, was responsible for the errant cigarette butt,

Luckily, fire crews were able to quickly attend the blaze and extinguish it by around 5.30am

There are no reports of injuries – although damage to the apartment is extensive.